- New “screen saver editor” (look under the “Other” submenu of the “Tools” menu). This allows you to create screen savers that you can use under the screen savers system preference. They are standard image screen savers (like the default “Forest” and “Cosmos”) that just loop through the images and display them one at a time. Note you can either copy files (or folders, the screen saver will display images in subfolders) into the screen savers or make an alias of them. If you plan on only using the screensavers for yourself, use aliases, since this will not really take up much disk space. If you want to send the screen savers to others, you have to copy the files in. The use of aliases allows some neat tricks; for example, you can make a new screen saver containing an alias to your “Pictures” folder, and that screen saver will display all the images in your Pictures folder, including any you might add in the future.
- New “Random Slideshow” option. Someone owes me their firstborn ;-).
- Fixed a little bug in the Image Viewer, where the image display size settings wouldn’t take affect for the first image displayed (for real this time!).
- The items in the outline view of the preferences windows now all start out properly expanded.
- If you right-click on a file in the preview pane while editing the filename of another file in it, gBrowser will no longer incorrectly rename the right-clicked file.
- The filename editing field should always show up in the correct spot now, instead of sometimes below where it should.
- When aliases are moved to the trash they now get properly removed from the file list.
- Once again, hopefuly I’ve fixed the screen problems with the slideshows and Image Viewer (crossing fingers).
- Various other fixes.
- Sometimes the slideshow controls will hide when they shouldn’t if you have autohiding turned on.
- If you try to move a symbolic link to the trash, the original will be moved instead, due to an OS X bug (or overly helpful feature if you want to call it that ;-). Real aliases work fine though. As a result, gBrowser will no longer allow you to try to move symbolic links to the trash.